Happy, Happy New Year to everyone!
I’m heading up to the sanctuary later this afternoon to spend the Blue Moon and New Years Eve with my Lovely Logger Man. Have bon fires, drink champagne, play with the hounds and with any luck, eat another wild turkey for dinner.
Although, for many around the country, 2009 was not the best of years. But thankfully for me, I can’t complain. It was really a good one for me. Some of my highlights include:
- Meeting my Lovely Logger Man
- Rescued my puppy from a hard life on the Reservation.
- Did tons of exploring, hiking and hanging out in the beautiful mountains of Western Montana.
- Went hunting for the first time in my life. We went after (and got!) Grouse, Antelope, Whitetail and Turkey. No elk this year – maybe in 2010.
- Went to Alaska!!!!!! And got to go above the Arctic Circle, fly around northern Alaska in a bush plane and watched the northern lights from the top of a mountain while sipping hot chocolate with peppermint schnapps. Yum!
- Planted, gardened, harvested and preserved to my heart’s content.
- Ate copious amounts of wild huckleberries.
- Learned to embroider, and did lots of other crafting (see My Creative Year)
- Had my sister and my nephew out for a visit. We hiked, explored, mined for sapphires, made jam, played in the creek and swam in mountain lakes.
I’m sure there were many other wonderful things that I did this year – but this is a short list. I’m looking forward to a wonderful 2010 with all its own discoveries and challenges.
I contemplated a list of words for my focus this year. Included were Delight, Gratitude, Creativity, Freedom, Presence, Grace, Exploration, Gentleness, Focus, Ritual, Clarity, Pioneer, Peace, Deliberateness, Integrity. But in the end, the word I came up with is one I really need to work on. My focus for 2010 is Patience. Wish me luck.
I wish everyone a safe, happy and wonderful New Years Eve, and a blissful 2010. Follow your heart, reach out to your soul and nurture those around you.